Thursday, November 12, 2009

iPhone Cozy

Well, the baby slept well after going to bed tonight so I finished! It took a while since I was using a skinny hook and sock yarn. Most of this was done in half-double crochet stitches in the back loop only which leaves a decorative ribbing around each row. The rows are joined on one side and the bottom was stitched together (it was made like a tube).


The flap was single crochets. The button hole was fun, first time for me. I found the button (I want to replace this someday with a way cooler button!) which was the width of 3 stitches so I chained 3 and skipped over 3 stitches then kept on with the single crochets in that row. The end of the flap looks curved because I went across the last row with bigger then smaller stitches. sc, hdc, hdc, dc, dc, dc, hdc, hdc, sc. When I was finished with the main part I went around the entire opening with a sc edge to give it a finished look.


And then there is the pretty purple case my hubby picked out. This is of course offering plenty of protection for the back and sides but not the beautiful touch screen.


Now on to all of the Christmas presents I want to crochet before I run out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment